Thursday, August 11, 2022

Visual Layout of the God System

 I know, I said I was tired of thinking about the Gods and Archons and such. I wanted to share two mind maps I've put together to show what the hierarchy and categories actually look like compared to Thrum. First is a simplified form.

This simplified view replaces the names of holy entities with what they represent. Prima Materia represents Thrum, the core perfect state of the universe. Each entry outward is an emanation. The first emanation split Thrum into (in this order) Law, Energy, Matter, and Life, which I had written in as Mortality here. The second emanation split those concepts into three lesser and more specialized domains, and these are where the Gods are born. Things break down in the same order, where Law became Time, Order, and Entropy before Energy became Light, Motion, and Sound. The third emanation further defined these concepts into three more smaller pieces, such as Body becoming Fauna, Flora, and Fungi. These children are the Archons. Now, for a copy with names included and a better description of what they represent.


Hopefully it'll allow for zooming in once this entry is published, because the preview isn't.

Everything isn't in a chronological order (order of creation or calendar order) on this mind map, but everything is in the right category. Spaces with ??? are beings that still need names (I've only expanded the archons from twelve to thirty-six over maybe the last two weeks?) Some words are a little different on this one, too. (I've noticed I've called it Concept instead of Law here. It's the same thing, but I prefer Law now.)

Spring and Winter are represented while Summer and Autumn are not. Those are more symbolic associations anyway, as Cern presides over the motion of the seasons. Saliva is probably one of the more odd entries on this list, but if it seems too odd, remember that Romans had a god for mildew.  I've been toying with the idea of putting Shaegon over Arcana, too.

Someday, I'll draw this out with a cleaner transparent background and actual graphics. These are cropped screenshots from FreeMind.

No comments:

Post a Comment